So, it didn’t occur to me until an internet pal pointed it out, but the posting of the cover to Octavian Comics’ Avengers #4 was post number 1,000 here at Homemade Comics. Crazy, right? I can’t believe I’ve been putting up the decreasingly wacky, but hopefully not decreasingly fun, hand-crafted comics from my childhood here on Tumblr for 14 months now. And that 170+ of you have stuck around, not counting the non-Tumblr folks who drop in on occasion.
The end is in sight, but there are a surprising amount of comics left, and pretty soon, they’re going to get a lot longer and more complex than these little three-page, black-and-white comics you’ve been seeing for probably six months. As I got closer to giving up comics for girls and rock ‘n’ roll (until I gave those up for comics again 20 years later), my skills sharpened to a point that really shouldn’t have been left to flounder, but that’s beside the point.
In honor of 1,000 posts, I’d like to do something to reward the dedicated readers out there, because really, your comments, reblogs and likes make this stupid idea worthwhile. So here’s the deal: I’m going to give away a package of Homemade Comics goodies to one (un)lucky winner, which will include the following:
- An original piece of poster artwork from the Homemade Comics era. I mean, this is a for-real, one-of-a-kind, yellowed piece of paper from my childhood with my hand-scribbled artwork on it. I get to pick which one you get, but I promise, it’ll be something worthy of hanging on your fridge.
- A custom T-shirt featuring YOUR favorite Homemade Comics panel/cover/etc. Just ask negativepleasure, it will make you the envy of all your friends.
- A NEW, original, commissioned piece of artwork featuring the Homemade Comics character/s of your choosing. Yep, I’ll draw you whatever you want, on 11x14 Bristol board, ready to be framed and hung next to your Rauschenberg and Lichtenstein.
- Probably some other stuff I haven’t thought of yet, but they’ll be good.
So how do you enter to win? EASY. You get one entry for reblogging, and one entry for liking this post. From all of those likes and reblogs, I will randomly (using the tools at Random.org) select one winner. That’s it! Like, reblog, or do both. All likes, reblogs, etc. must be done by Aug. 31, 2012.
And then stick around, because more bad writing, abysmal artwork, and incoherent plotlines are coming your way! YAY!
- iwasburntbythesun reblogged this from homemadecomics
- iwasburntbythesun likes this
- sonichufan reblogged this from homemadecomics
- sonichufan likes this
- marronmarvel reblogged this from homemadecomics
- marronmarvel likes this
- azulskies likes this
- driph likes this
- ununnilium likes this
- jcbaggee reblogged this from homemadecomics
- jcbaggee likes this
- odios likes this
- negativepleasure reblogged this from homemadecomics
- negativepleasure likes this
- smasuch likes this
- banal-echo-gee likes this
- hoppip likes this
- zombiesenelghetto likes this
- homemadecomics posted this